Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crochet Stitch - Enterlac Stitch

The enterlac stitch is a crochet stitch I have been wanting to learn. Photos of finished afghans and scarves look so interesting, and I think this would be a great pattern to use up all the stash yarns for a crazy quilt type crocheted afghan.

Here's a YouTuve video tutorial by Crochet Geek. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. 

I got confused on my first attempt to do this, the second try was a success. I still have some trouble getting the hook through the center of the side stitches.

And this is a sample swatch I did up with two randomly selected colors of yarn. Yellow and Red.
 
 

If you crochet an afghan like this, what colors would you use? A scheme of gradients, multi-colors, variegated? The possibilities are endless!
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Holly, nice to have you in the challenge this year. I learned Entrelac a couple of years ago from a book. I would choose a yarn with gradient scheme of greens or purples. A soft yarn and a large cozy blanket.

    I've never made a blanket with it - large projects a daunting. Keep at it. BethinTx, another Youtube crochet teacher has a series of tutorials on how to make an entire blanket. (on my long long bucket list for crochet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made an entrelac cowl, in purple and blue. I think that's been one of the more satisfying projects I've made, but I don't think I would have the patience to make a blanket with it!

    I can't wait to read more posts as our challenge goes along, I think we're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree a scarf would be nice but I don't have the patience for a blanket in it. I wonder how I could use it for my preemies.

    ReplyDelete